Bieme was established by Eduard van Gelderen, who has a long track-record in capital markets and is vice-chairman of the European Federation of Financial Societies’ Commission on Intellectual Capital. His aim is to bridge the knowledge gap between companies and their investors by: (1) giving lectures, (2) IC related advisory services, and (3) IC based investor relations services. By being more open about their intellectual capital, companies can increase the value of its equity and/or achieve more favourable credit terms. Investors on the other hand should become less focused on the financial data in a company’s annual report, and need to start asking questions about the true value drivers to be able to build better investment portfolios.
Eduard van Gelderen
is the current Chief Investment Officer for Capital Markets Investments and member of the board of ?NAAM VERMELDEN?. Previous to this job he held positions as deputy-CIO at ING Investment Management and Head of Investments at Lombard Odier Darier Hentsch. During the first eight years of his career he held different investment banking positions in Amsterdam and London.
Next to his job at APG Asset Management, Eduard van Gelderen has several additional jobs:
- Chairman Conspect Trust
- Member Investment Committee Pension Fund Waterbouw
- Member Investment Committee Bank Oyens & Van Eeghen
- Member Investment Advice Committee Robeco Pension Fund
- Member of the Supervisory Board Triple Jump
- Member General Board Eumedion
- Member of the Supervisory Board Obvion
- Vice-Chairman EFFAS Commission on Intellectual Capital
- Visiting professor Institut Supérieur Européen de Gestion (ISEG) Paris
Eduard van Gelderen studied quantitative finance at the Erasmus University in Rotterdam and Asset Liability Management at the University of Maastricht. He also is a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) en Financial Risk Manager (FRM).